|Vegetarian Stir Fry|
The real essence of every successful stir fry is the sauce. This is especially true with vegetables and tofu fries, since tofu has a very little flavor in it. Basically, tofu only absorbs the flavors around it, so if you have a good sauce and seasoning, the stir fry would certainly be flavorful. In cooking vegetarian stir fries, the sauce is carefully concocted to produce the kind of blend you want as a result. The combination of saltiness, sweetness, bitterness, and spiciness can only be enhance according to the right amount of ingredients used. Therefore, careful planning and attention is given to the sauce preparation in vegetable frying.
The Vegetable Tofu and Vegetarian Stir Fry:
- four tablespoons of peanut oil
- one half pound firm tofu cut into small cubes
- three cloves of garlic, minced
- grated ginger, a tablespoon
- two tablespoons of soy sauce
- one head of broccoli, cut the florets and leave the stems
- one third cup of water
- one onion, sliced to bite-size pieces
- one half cup sliced green onions, (white and light green parts cut into two inches pieces)
- two carrots, sliced into matchsticks
- one red bell pepper cut into strips
- five stalks of bok choy (stalks and leafs sliced large than bit sizes)
- one third cup soy sauce
- one fourth cup vegetable broth
- one fourth cup dry white wine
- four teaspoons sugar
- two teaspoons sesame oil
- one eight teaspoon white pepper
- two tablespoons peanut oil
- two teaspoons minced garlic
- two teaspoons minced ginger
- one tablespoon cornstarch
- one fourth cup vegetable broth
- Let us assume that you have all the utensils necessary for the cooking, such as the wok and two mixing bowls.
- Begin with mix in a bowl the following ingredients: the soy sauce, the white wine, the sugar, the sesame oil and the white pepper. Set aside for frying.
- In another bowl, combine and dissolve the cornstarch with the vegetable broth. Set aside too.
- Start frying by heating the wok over your American stove at high heat. Then add the peanut oil and wait till it begins to smoke. Season it with garlic and ginger and stir fry for fifteen seconds, when it gets fragrant.
- Add the tofu and soy sauce and stir fry for about two to three minutes till the tofu becomes golden brown in color. Remove from the wok and set aside.
- Reheat the wok and add the remaining peanut oil. Then start cooking the vegetables by adding the broccoli first, and stir fry for two minutes. Add the water and bring to boil. When it boils, lower the heat to medium and simmer for three minutes covering it. When done, remove the water from the wok and then add another tablespoon of peanut oil and then the onion, the green onion and the carrots, the bell peppers and the stalk of part of the bok choy, and then stir fry them for another three minutes.
- Return the tofu to the wok along with the leafy part of the bok choy and stir fry for an additional two minutes.
- Push the vegetables to the sides of the wok and create a well at the bottom of the wok. Add another teaspoon of peanut oil and place the garlic and ginger in the bottom of the wok to stir for about fifteen seconds. Then add the soy sauce mixture that you had prepared and stir. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat again to medium and cook for about a minute.
- Finally add the cornstarch solution to the wok. Stir until the sauce boils and thickens. When thick, combine the vegetables and tofu with the sauce and stir for another minute.
- Serve hot and enjoy this vegetarian stir fry at home. Easy and simple, it can be a very nutritious meal for everyone.
Watch The Best Stir Fry Recipes in Educational & How-To | View More Free Videos Online at Veoh.com
You can also visit here to learn on how to cook Vegetarian Stir Fry.