We have chosen a vegetable stir fry to so it will be easy for you to follow the step by step procedure we have below. This recipe can be prepared in forty minutes, cooked in 25 minutes and can yield around five servings. Let us start cooking then.
THE HONEY GARLIC SAUCE ON VEGETABLE STIR FRIES:
THE VEGGIES THAT WE HAD:
- One half large red onion, sliced in dice pieces
- Two large carrots, chopped into thin slices
- One and one half stalks of broccoli, without the stalks, florets cut into halves
- One yellow bell pepper
- One half green pepper
- One red bell pepper
- Two stalks of celery
- Two cloves of garlic
- THE magical SAUCE:
- Three fourth cup brown sugar, packed
- Two tablespoons of cornstarch
- Three fourth cup water
- Three tablespoons of soy sauce
- One tablespoon of honey
- Two cloves of garlic, chopped (alternative of two tablespoons of garlic powder)
- Start by cooking your carbohydrates, steam brown rice and let it sit and wait till serving time.
- Chop the vegetables according to your preferred cuts, into bit5e size pieces. (Be it triangular, rectangular or strips, it doesn’t matter anyway)
- Heat your cooking pan or wok over medium high heat on your American stove. Spray it with cooking spray, and then add the onions, carrots, and the garlic. Cook them for about five to ten minutes till the carrots are semi-soft tender but still crisp.
- Then add the rest of the veggies, start with the broccoli florets followed by the rest, and cook for another ten to twenty minutes. Sprinkle two tablespoons of water to soften your veggies and reduce the heat to simmer with a cover.
- In another saucepan, combine the brown sugar, the cornstarch, and add the water, the soy sauce and the honey and the garlic. Stir and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to simmer for two minutes. Make sure that the cornstarch is totally dissolved while you continue stirring the sauce.
- Add the sauce to the wok of vegetables and toss and stir the ingredients to coat with the sauce. Stir carefully and wait till the sauce thickens and remove from heat.
- Transfer the dish to a platter and serve immediately while it is hot. This vegetable stir fry dish is very good to pair with brown rice.
- Enjoy this easy recipe for stir fry sauce in your kitchen. You can use any type of veggies left in your refrigerators for this sauce. Have fun in your kitchen and be creative to improve the sauce. You can add a little heat or increase the sweetness of honey, as you desire.
You can also visit here to learn on how to cook Recipe For Stir Fry Sauce.