|Stir Fry Recipe|
Oriental in origin, stir frying is mostly cook in high heat at large skillets or a wok. This provides efficiency in searing the meat and vegetables at a short period. Stirring and tossing the ingredients while being cooked is a means of preserving the taste of meat and vegetables while begin enhanced by oriental sauces like soy sauce, oyster sauce, fish sauce, hoisin sauce, chili oil sauce, black bean sauce, and more. These ingredients add that extra flavor blending with meat and vegetables to produce or replicate that Chinese take-out dishes in Chinese Cuisines. You can easily make your own concoctions with these ingredients and craft your own dish using your favorite vegetables to combine with the meat of your preference. Let us start cooking and discover the art of stir frying.
1. BLACK PEPPER BEEF AND A VARIETY OF VEGETABLE: Preparation time is 10 minutes plus 20 minutes marinating time. Cooking time is actually 5 minutes only.
- 250g beef sirloin, fat removed and meat cut into 5mm slices
- 1 tablespoon corn flour
- 2 tablespoon groundnut oil or vegetable oil
- 2.5 cm piece of root ginger, peeled and grated
- 300 grams mix sliced mange tout, broccoli, sugar snap peas, baby pak choi, red cabbage, ribbons of carrot (made using a carrot peeler) and baby spring onions
- A teaspoon of light soy sauce or to taste
- one tablespoon of dark soy sauce
- one tablespoon of light soy sauce
- one tablespoon of Shaosing Rice Wine or dry sherry
- two pinches of ground black pepper
HOW TO PREPARE:
- Mix together the ingredients for the marinade in a large bowl, then add the beef and stir to coat. Cover the bowl with cling film and set aside for 20 minutes to marinade, then remove from the marinade (retaining this) and dust with corn flour.
- Heat a wok over high heat, and when it starts to smoke, add half of the groundnut oil or vegetable oil. Add the ginger and stir fry for a second or so, then add the vegetable mix and toss and stir together in the wok. Add a drop of water to create a little steam in cooking the vegetables. Cook for one minute then transfer to a plate to wait.
- Place the wok back over the heat and add the remaining groundnut oil or vegetable oil, followed by the beef. Let the meat settle for a few seconds to sear nicely then stir for 1 to 2 minutes. Then return the stir fried vegetables to the wok to toss and stir together with the beef. Season further to taste, with light soy sauce, then transfer to a serving plate and serve immediately while hot.
- Enjoy this stir fry recipe at home and continue cooking too.
You can also visit here to learn on how to cook Stir Fry Recipe.