Preparing a voluptuous meal would be a very hectic and wearisome job in the kitchen, but there are other techniques in simple cooking that could answer to a fast and delicious meal at home. Here is a recipe for stir fry that might answer to your quest for a quick and simple meal, however tasteful and delightful in your table. The VEGETABLE AND CHICKEN STIR FRY RECIPE is a favorite alternative to Chicken Enchilada Casserole, the Grilled Paprika Chicken Dinner or the Savory Baked Chicken and potato Dinner.
Stir frying is a great cooking technique when you have to prepare for dinner during mid-weeks when days are filled with agonizing chores and varied transactions in the office. Most people are already burnt out in the evening and are too lazy to cook a long dinner. But stir fries are the best alternatives to a pizza night and or take-outs. They can easily generate the kind of meal that the family would savor in just a few minutes.
With this recipe, let us begin cooking. This recipe can be prepared in 5 minutes and cooked in 14 minutes.
- Two tablespoons of vegetable oil
- One pound of skinless, boneless chicken breasts cut into halves. (Thighs will also do but cut them into 1 inch pieces)
- Three cups of assorted vegetables, (bell peppers, broccoli florets, shredded carrots), cut up and ready for frying. If you are using fresh vegetables, rinse the veggies before cutting and slicing them into desired sizes. Try to cut them all in the same sizes for fast cooking purposes. The amount of assortment of veggies will depend on your preference.
- One garlic clove, finely chopped
- One cup of stir fry sauce. There is a ready to use stir fry sauce in supermarkets. But if you prefer to use your own concoctions, the better. This means, you are a stage three home cooker now. (Basic stir fry sauces include, soy sauce, sesame seeds, sesame oil, chili sauce, cornstarch, and chicken broth) Shake the stir fry sauce before using.
- To start cooking, heat a wok, or a large skillet over your American stove at medium high heat. Add the vegetable oil and swirl the pan to coat. When hot, add the vegetables and the garlic and stir fry to mix and combine for approximately two minutes. Toss them if you can and cook till they are tender-crisp.
- Remove the veggies from the skillet to rest and wait.
- Heat the remaining one tablespoon of vegetable oil in the skillet. Then you can add the chicken strips and stir fry them for about three minutes. Make sure they are no longer pink in the center.
- Once cooked through, add the vegetables back to the skillet and stir to combine them.
- Make room at the center of the wok for your sauce and then pour your sauce to the skillet. Stir the sauce, and slowly combine the other ingredients to the sauce to coat them. Cook for another two minutes more.
- Serve immediately while it is hot. Very nice if it goes with steam cooked rice.
- This Recipe for stir fry is simple and fast. Enjoy them and continue cooking.
You can also visit here to learn on how to cook Recipe for Stir Fry.