|Stir Fry Recipe|
Stir fry recipes are found anywhere in the internet and can easily be learned every time you have the urge of trying your knife skills in your kitchen. They are very quick to cook and do not require so many ingredients to use and is prepared simply and easily. Stir frying became a very popular method of cooking to people who are tired on weekdays after a hard day’s work. It is fast and one can easily eat their meal and rest early during the night. We on the other hand recommend stir frying as the best solution to dinner or lunch cooking. It can be very delicious as well as healthy, filled with the essential nutritional requirements for the day. We all know that stir fries are filled with vegetables and sometime with a little protein in it but most nutritional values come from the veggies. In this token, here is a special recipe for us to follow and try in your kitchen that promises to be delicious and extra ordinary. This new and is filled with veggies that even your children will love. Let us start cooking this recipe and follow the instructions well.
- 1 (16-oz.) package firm tofu
- 2 cups uncooked brown rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon peanut or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup carrot sticks
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- Garnish: lime wedges
- Place tofu between 2 flat plates. Weight the top with a heavy can. The sides of tofu should be bulging slightly but not cracking. Let it stand for forty five minutes after which discard the liquid produced. Then cut the tofu into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Please cook the rice according to directions in the package but add one half teaspoon salt.
- Then prepare your marinade by combining the vegetable broth with next seven ingredients in a medium size mixing bowl. Stir well until smooth.
- Then add the tofu to the bowl and toss to coat evenly. Marinate it for ten minutes at room temperature.
- Then remove tofu from the marinade but reserve the marinade.
- Begin frying by heat the oils in a nonstick skillet or wok over high heat in your American stove. Approximately one minute.
- Then add the tofu and cook and fry for four to five minutes until the tofu is browned. Then transfer the tofu to a plate and reserve.
- Then reheat the wok or skillet and add the broccoli and carrot sticks. Stir fry the veggies for two minutes.
- Then add the reserved marinade and stir and bring to a boil. Do not cover the pan. Continue to cook stirring constantly for two minutes until the sauce has thickened. Then add back the cooked tofu and stir to combine with the veggies.
- After a minute, serve while hot over hot steaming rice.
- You can sprinkle with chopped peanuts.
- Garnish it if you desire but this stir fry recipe will surely amaze your family and friends because of its fabulous flavor and saucy texture. Enjoy and have fun as you continue stir frying in your kitchens.