|Easy Stir Fry|
For another hot summer, we have to admit that the cold countries would really look good. The city seems to be brightened up by the sun and everything looks so much lively. So a quick and simple food seems to be a preference to perk the day. So, here is a simple and quick easy stir fry recipe, the BASIL BEEF STRI FRY recipe. This is so easy and full of flavors. Since the star of the dish is the beef, we make sure to fork out from the store quite a bit of those nice pieces of beef fillet, known to be the best cut beef for quick cooking. Besides from this, thinly cut beef steak is a great value option. An extra handful of basil is a must for this dish. Though the star is the beef but basil plays a very important role to come out with the right combination of flavors for this dish.
To ask what type of basil to use, it all depends on you. If you could get Thai basil, then it would be excellent, but if not, sweet basil anyway will produce a less pungent dish. We like to add basil leaves at the very last minute once we remove the dish from the pan or from the heat sop that they don’t wit too much. We tend to use a bit more garlic than what is stated in the recipe for more garlicky outcome. We love garlic and its fragrance goes very well with beef and basil too. The original recipe yields 2 to 3 servings.
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped into small pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, deseeded and chopped into matchsticks
- 250 grams of beef fillet, thinly sliced
- 50 grams basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon dark soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon corn flour
- Freshly grated black pepper
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the sunflower oil in a frying pan or wok over medium high heat on your American stove. Once the oil gets hot enough, add the minced garlic and the onion and stir fry until it starts to get fragrant but not brown. Then you can now add the red bell pepper, mix them and continue stir frying for about 2 minutes until they start to soften up. Remove them from the pan and set aside.
- Turn the heat high and when it starts to smoke add the sunflower oil to the wok. Stir in the beef and continue stirring and tossing them to cook for about 2 minutes, just until the beef starts to be brown and cooked through.
- At this point, add the cooked vegetables back to the wok and toss them to mix and further stir fry them for another 1 minute more.
- Mix all the sauce ingredients and 2 tablespoons of water. Pour them over the beef and the vegetables in the wok. Toss them to mix and coat the sauce. Continue cooking them or until the sauce warms up and thickens a little.
- Serve them immediately while they are hot. Good to go with boiled rice or noodles.
Enjoy this easy stir fry recipe at home and please continue stir frying too.
You can also visit here to learn on how to cook Easy Stir Fry.