Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Stir Fry Recipes for the Home Manager

Common kitchen managers are the wives of the American family.  As a salute to the American Wife, the Home Manager, here are a few recipes that can ease the long hours of kitchen food preparation at home and yet provide the awesome dish the family desires. 

1.    BEEF AND PEPPER SKILLET DINNER

Stir Fry Recipe Sauce
Stir Fry Recipe 

When you finally make it home after work, you want something hearty that can be made from ingredients on hand.  This stir fry, with its zippy sauce, is the answer.

INGREDIENTS:
  • 2 onions
  • 1 red pepper
  • 1 green pepper
  • 1 tbsp (15ml) vegetable oil
  • ¾ pound (349gms) stir fry beef strips
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
SAUCE:
  • 1 tbsp cornstarch
  • 1 tsp paprika
  • 1 tsp dried thyme
  • 1 tsp Worchestershire Sauce
  • ½ tsp dried rosemary
  • ¼ salt
  • ¼ tsp black pepper
HOW TO PREPARE:
  • In a small bowl, whisk together beef stock, vinegar cornstarch, paprika, thyme, Worchestershire Sauce, rosemary, salt, pepper and cayenne, and set aside.
  • Cut onions, in half lengthwise, then slice lengthwise into thin strips.  Seed and cut red and green peppers into thin strips.  Set aside.
  • In a large nonstick skillet, heat half of the oil over high heat; stir fry beef and garlic for about 2 minutes or until meat is browned but still pink inside.  Transfer to plate. 
  • Add the remaining oil to the skillet, cook onions and red and green peppers, stirring often, for 4 minutes or just until starting to soften.  Pour in sauce, cook, stirring, for another 2 minutes or until well coated and heated through.  Pour over beef on the plate and served while it is hot.
2.    STEAK AND HARVEST VEGETABLE FAJITAS (Serves four persons).


Stir Fry Vegetables
Stir Fry Vegetables

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 tbsp vegetable oil
  • 12 oz (340 gms) beef stir fry strips
  • 1 onion sliced
  • 2 carrots, halved lengthwise and sliced
  • 1 sweet red pepper, sliced
  • 1 zucchini halved lengthwise and sliced.
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 tsp (10ml) chili powder
  • ½ tsp (2 ml) salt
  • ¼ tsp (1 ml) ground cumin
  • ½ cup (125ml) salsa
  • 2 tbsp (30 ml) lime juice
  • 1 dash hot pepper sauce
  • 8 large flour tortillas
HOW TO PREPARE:
  • In a nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat, stir fry beef, in batches, for 2 to 3 minutes or until browned but still pink inside.  Transfer to plate.
  • Add onion and carrots to the skillet, cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until onion is softened.  Add red pepper, zucchini, garlic, chili powder, salt and cumin, cook for 3 minutes or until tender crisp.
  • Add salsa, lime juice and hot pepper sauce.  Return beef and any accumulated juices to pan, cook for 1 minutes or until hot. 
  • Meanwhile, stack tortillas and wrap in foil; bake in 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) oven for 8 to 10 minutes, or until warmed. Wrap beef mixture in tortillas, serve hot.
  • Enjoy your special meals this season.  Life is good after all.
 Still craving for Vegetarian stir fry recipe? Surf  here.


9 comments:

  1. Fabulous article! This is really good and very helpful blog, I cooked this food for my family and they really love it. It is very delectable and palatable, I hope there are still many things to learn and more surprises to come. I regularly visit this blog for more updates to come. Thank you for sharing this great article.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious Food! This article was great and interesting. It teach the reader a new recipe and it is a unique food for me. This is an affordable and healthy food that was good for the body. Try to cook this food and I'm sure you will like this, I will visit this site everyday for more updates because I want to try to cook them on my own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cooking different foods and baking a unique cakes. This is my passion, it makes my life complete when I'm doing that. When I read this blog, I immediately try to cooked this recipe and the result was perfect. My family love my cook very much same also with my friends.Thank you for posting this recipe I will wait more updates on your blog for every recipe that you made.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cooking is my hobby, I love discovering different kind of foods. I found this site it is unique foods, and I try this recipe. This is really delicious and taste good, I will cook this again for my family and for my friends and I am sure they will like it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This recipe is very delicious, I tried this Steak and Harvest Vegetable Fajitas yesterday and my husband really likes it. This kind of dishes is suitable for any occasions. I really enjoyed cooking this food, it is easy to prepare and aside from that it was healthy. Thank you for posting this recipe I really appreciate this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yesterday, I tried to cook this recipe and it is really delicious. My family loved this food very much because it has a different taste than to other food. I love reading articles about this Stir Fry Recipes because I learn a lot for this recipe. Thank you for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Honestly, this recipe is really good and I make it all the time. My husband really loved this recipe and he want to taste it again for the other day. Thank you for giving this wonderful recipe, I learn so much from your article because your article is very well authored and easy to understand.. Thank you so much again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Indeed, cooking different foods is my hobbies and I loved reading many articles like this because I learn a lot about this kind of foods. This is very unique foods for me and besides there are healthy foods, best for our body. Actually, I try this BEEF AND PEPPER SKILLET DINNER for our dinner and my wife really loved it because of it is very delicious and it is very unique for her taste. Thank you for this, I hope there will more update to come.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful and healthy dish! This is my first time to cook this recipe and I love it very much because it is very delicious. I made this recipe yesterday with my friends and they enjoyed cooking this dish. This was delicious! I was amazed at how flavorful it was. Thank you!.

    ReplyDelete